Want to work for Canada’s most trusted brand? CAA Saskatchewan wants you! Our technology services department is looking for a Junior Infrastructure Analyst to support, maintain, optimize, and provision our virtual and physical infrastructure. This will include ensuring that our systems to perform Disaster Recovery are operational and tested on a regular basis.
The successful candidate will also be required to handle Service Desk calls to support our employees across the organization. They will also be participating in the after hours support which is rotated on a weekly basis.
This individual must have the ability to work autonomously and have a “get it done” attitude. When required they will have to perform research to troubleshoot issues that arise. They will be supported by the rest of the Technology Services team and will report directly to the Director Information Technology. We are a small team and maintaining a positive team dynamic is a must. Regular working hours for this position is 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday. There will be some travel required to CAA Office located through the province.
This position will have the opportunity to grow through the years as training and investigation into new solutions for our infrastructure are encouraged.
Key job responsibilities and duties include:
- Provision virtual and physical servers
- Maintain virtual infrastructure
- Maintain and troubleshoot server and host hardware issues
- Maintain and troubleshoot storage devices
- Configure, manage and optimize resource consumption
- Maintain, troubleshoot and test backups and DR failover
- Maintain AD on premise and Azure AD
- Creating and executing commands and script in PowerShell and Command Line
- Documenting new / changed process information
- Answering Service Desk calls and creating tickets for the incidents
- Completing tickets and documenting resolutions in a timely manner
Requirements to apply for this position include:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience in Windows Server and Linux operating systems
- Experience with using VMWare with an understanding of virtualized environments
- Strong knowledge of network administration
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products as required
- Good organization and time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team
- Excellent customer service
- Detail-oriented with an eye for optimization opportunities
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org