1 800 JOINCAA (564-6222)

Auto Insurance FAQ's

Information Links

These questions and answers are not expected to replace or modify your auto insurance policy. For answers to your specific questions, we recommend you refer to your policy wording booklet or call us at 1.800.564.6222.

Who is AssurePro Insurance?

AssurePro Insurance Company Limited is an insurance company that specializes in Extension Automobile Coverage and Member Personal Accident Insurance.  AssurePro Insurance is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Saskatchewan Motor Club.  AssurePro was formerly known as Saskatchewan Motor Club Insurance Company Limited and has been in existence since 1966.  The name was changed to AssurePro Insurance Company on January 1, 2008.

How will I know what my coverage limits are?

Your coverage information is provided to you each year when you receive your renewal documents. If you are unable to find this information, you can contact your CAA Insurance Consultant or call toll free 1.800.564.6222 and we will be happy to provide you with the information and send you a copy of the documents if required.

How do I make changes to my policy?

All changes to your policy must be authorized by a CAA Insurance Consultant. You will need to contact your local CAA Insurance store and speak to an agent who can modify your policy.

How do I report a claim?

If you are involved in an accident or have a damage claim during business hours, you should contact your CAA Insurance Consultant, call toll free 1.800.564.6222 ext.2 or complete the online auto claim form. If it is after business hours and it is an emergency, you can contact CAA emergency roadside assistance at 1.800.222.4357 and they will take the information or have someone return your call as quickly as possible. This number should only be used in the event of an emergency.

What details do I get at the scene of an accident?

After an accident, it is important to obtain complete information on the other parties involved including:

  • All vehicle information; plate number, year, make and model
  • All names, addresses and phone numbers
  • Drivers license numbers for all other involved drivers
  • Location of the accident
  • Witnesses names and phone numbers

If the police have attended to the scene, they will have obtained much of the above information. It is important to get the police officers' name and badge number and a file number.

Claims Information page

What do I do if my vehicle is involved in a hit and run?

It is imperative that you report the incident to the police within 48 hours to ensure that the incident remains non-chargeable. Then contact your consultant as you would any other claim involving your vehicle.

What is a total loss?

If the repairs to a vehicle are estimated to cost more than the actual cash value of a vehicle at the time of the loss, it is considered to be a total loss.

What is Actual Cash Value or ACV?

ACV is the value assigned to your vehicle considering all aspects of its condition, including mileage, and wear and tear, as well as optional, non-standard items that might increase the value of the vehicle. Please review your policy to determine if you would be subject to ACV or replacement cost coverage (only available on new vehicles).

Who pays for my claim - AssurePro or SGI?

In Saskatchewan, automobile insurance is provided through Saskatchewan Government Insurance. This means that AssurePro will work with SGI on claims and, together, will pay the cost to repair facilities or cover medical expenses. You will be responsible for your deductible in certain circumstances and AssurePro and SGI will look after the insurance related payments when the loss is covered by insurance.

I have SGI’s basic plate insurance coverage. Do I need more auto insurance?

If you’re involved in a serious accident in or outside of Saskatchewan, you may need additional coverage.

Did you know?
* A PlatesPLUS auto insurance package policy gives you increased liability coverage, lower deductibles, and has options that include access to rental vehicles, glass repairs and replacement cost of your brand new vehicle if your vehicle is written off.
* The mandatory minimum requirement by Saskatchewan law is:
$700 vehicle damage deductible
$200,000 in liability protection
Basic personal injury coverage

I travel outside of the province. Am I protected by my SGI basic plate coverage?

If you’re travelling outside of Saskatchewan, you may need additional liability insurance. If you drive in a province or state that does NOT have No-Fault auto insurance, you’re at a greater risk of being sued or getting into an accident with an under-insured driver.

I drive on rural highways and grid roads. Do I need extra auto insurance?

With a PlatesPLUS package policy, your deductible is waived if you hit wildlife. If you add road hazard glass, the package policy will pay to fix the damage to your windshield.

I rely on my vehicle to get around. If my vehicle is damaged by an insured loss, could I get a rental vehicle with a PlatesPLUS package policy?

Yes. Our PlatesPLUS Package Policy has a coverage option that will allow you a rental vehicle in case you’re in an accident. Our Loss of Use coverage will insure you up to $1,500 until your vehicle is recovered, repaired or replaced.

What is the Downtime Rider for Rental Vehicles coverage?

Our PlatesPLUS Package Policy has this coverage option available. This rider provides coverage in the event you’re involved in an insured accident with a rental vehicle and you’re charged for the days the vehicle is being repaired. This option is designed for those who don’t want to purchase Loss of Use coverage but are concerned about the downtime risk. CAA Members receive this coverage FREE only when physical damage coverage is purchased.

I'm interested! Tell me how I can purchase a package policy?

Contact your local CAA Insurance Store, visit us at caask.ca for an online quote or call 1.800.564.6222, ext.2.

PlatesPLUS is underwritten by AssurePro Insurance Company Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Saskatchewan Motor Club.