Homes today are full of expensive equipment and keeping all those toys and conveniences running smoothly can be costly. If you don’t want to budget for repairs and let’s face it, who does, you can buy inexpensive coverage to protect you and your family against breakdown losses.
Home Equipment Breakdown Insurance protects all your electronics and appliances against mechanical, electrical or pressure-system breakdowns with comprehensive and affordable coverage.
Your home insurance policy will protect your electronics against fire, windstorm, vandalism, water damage etc. but, it will not respond to a piece of equipment that breaks down. That is not the intent of your home insurance policy. You will need the Home Equipment Breakdown Endorsement to ensure you have coverage for breakdown situations.
The following is a sample list of things that would be included against breakdown:
- Computer equipment that suffers an electrical surge and wrecks your PC, Laptops etc.
- Media system is damaged due to a storm and power outage wrecking your flat screen TV’s
- Fridge compressor fails
- Oven/Range fails to light, damages ignitor and requires repairs
- Dishwasher motor seizes
- Air Conditioning system fails – compressor replacement
- Washer / Dryer issues
- Boiler systems can crack
- Electrical panels experience a surge damaging many plugged in appliances
- Water heater ruptures and leaks
- Swimming Pool pump or filter can seize
- Garden tractor won’t run
In addition to repair or replacement the Home Equipment Breakdown Coverage will also cover the following;
- Expediting expenses
- Spoilage of perishable goods
- Pollutant Clean up and Removal
- Off – Premises coverage
- Green Environmental improvement option
The CAA policy is subject to a $500 deductible per occurrence and typically costs between $30-$50 dollars per year.
We invite you to visit one of our CAA Stores or call us at 1.800.564.6222 and we will be happy to discuss your policy with you.