It's no secret that the potential costs of a legal dispute can deter you from pursuing your rights. But with Legal Expense Insurance, you can rest easy knowing that you’re only a phone call away from a lawyer.
Basic Legal Expense Insurance is included as part of your CAA Home Insurance policy.
When would Legal Expense Insurance help me?
- You and your neighbour can’t agree on the property line, and s/he is now constructing a shed that sits partially on your land.
- Your home renovation did not go as planned.
- You receive an audit notification from the CRA and want to know your rights.
- You were discriminated against in your workplace or feel you have been wrongfully dismissed.
What exactly does Legal Expense Insurance cover?
- Coverage for all reasonable legal expenses incurred while pursuing or defending a claim including lawyers and expert witnesses, disbursements, court costs and more.
- UNLIMITED access to a telephone legal helpline, where lawyers provide legal advice from 8 a.m. until midnight, seven days a week. You can receive guidance from lawyers on any matter, whether the situation is covered or not.
- Access to the helpline is available 24/7 in cases of emergency2.
See the full coverage document