CAA Service Line Coverage1 protects you from losses due to damage or failure of underground service lines that run from the street to your home. A number of problems can occur with these lines, such as rust, corrosion and system breakdown, that are not covered under most home insurance policies. CAA Service Line Coverage protects you by extending your home insurance coverage to underground piping, wiring, valves and more.
Service Line Coverage includes:
- Damage to your underground service line that is the result of a failure of this line. Problems that can occur include: wear and tear, rust, corrosion, decay, deterioration, defects in the line, freezing, collapse of the line (not including sinkhole collapse) and electrical, mechanical or pressure systems breakdown.
- Costs required to repair/replace the damaged covered service line that is the result of a service line failure.
- Your outdoor property that is damaged as a result of a service line failure or that is damaged during the excavation of this line following its failure.
- Extra costs to make temporary repairs or to expedite permanent repairs/replacements to your service line that is damaged as the result of a service line failure.
- Damage to wiring used for communication or data transmission.
- Additional living expenses and rental values.
How does the coverage work?
Add Service Line Coverage to your CAA Home Insurance policy and you can get protection against such instances as stated above, which average $6,000 per occurrence. There is a deductible of $500 and a coverage limit up to $10,000 per occurrence.
If you have CAA Home Insurance, you are eligible to receive Service Line Coverage for as little as $15/year! For more details, call 1.800.564.6222.
Don’t have CAA Home Insurance? Get a quote online or call us at 1.800.564.6222.