The CAA Worst Roads campaign gets Saskatchewan motorists to nominate and vote for the worst roads they have travelled on. Worst roads include those with potholes, cracks, or just general disrepair, or poor signage, congestion, and also roads that are too narrow for motorists, pedestrians and cyclists to share safely.
CAA Saskatchewan acknowledges the improvements made to Saskatchewan roadways for the safety of all residents and travellers. But there is still work to be done and who better to help identify roads in need of repair than Saskatchewan motorists who rely on them every day for business, leisure and family travel. Working towards better roads and driving safely is a priority for us.
2019 Worst Roads Campaign
The 2019 CAA Saskatchewan Worst Roads campaign has ended with some interesting results. Eight of the Final Top Ten Worst Roads nominated and voted by Saskatchewan road users are municipal roads in Regina and Moose Jaw. A total of 1,514 votes were received during the campaign dates of April 17 to May 8, 2019.
- Saskatchewan 26, Goodsoil
- Highway 21, Paradise Hill (ranked 9th in the 2018 CAA Worst Roads campaign and 3rd in the 2017 CAA Worst Roads campaign)
- Dolphin Bay, Regina
- 13th Avenue Northwest, Moose Jaw
- McKee Crescent, Regina
- 1 Avenue Southeast, Moose Jaw (ranked 7th in the 2018 CAA Worst Roads campaign)
- Cowan Crescent, Regina
- Grant Drive, Regina
- Blakeney Drive, Regina
- TIE Catherwood Crescent, Regina and Saskatchewan 795 between St. Walburg and Livelong
2018 Worst Roads Campaign Results
The 2018 CAA Saskatchewan Worst Roads campaign has ended with some surprising results. A total of 1,782 votes were received during the campaign dates of April 16 to May 6, 2018. Nominated worst roads and votes continued to populate the website from road users across the province including drivers, cyclists, motorcyclists, and pedestrians. One vote per road per email every 24 hours was acceptable.
This year’s campaign proved interesting with a mix of municipal streets and provincial highways finalizing the CAA Top Ten Worst Roads for 2018 which are as follows:
- High Street West, Moose Jaw
- Saskatchewan 47, Springside
- Saskatchewan 350, Torquay
- Academy Park Road, Regina
- Saskota Flyway/Saskatchewan 9, Hudson Bay
- Sidney Street, Maple Creek
- 1 Avenue Southeast, Moose Jaw
- Saskatchewan 18, Torquay
- Saskatchewan 21, Paradise Hill
- 9 Avenue Southwest, Moose Jaw
Thank you to all drivers, cyclists, pedestrians and motorcyclists that participated.
View Previous Worst Roads Campaigns