Revised January 1, 2004
Protecting Member Privacy
CAA Saskatchewan is committed to maintain the security, confidentiality and accuracy of all personal information we collect.
Why CAA Saskatchewan Collects Information
- CAA Saskatchewan obtains information from Members and non-Member customers for a number of purposes including:
- Establishing your identification
- Verifying your eligibility for benefits, products and services
- Providing benefits, products and services
- Informing you of other benefits, products and services
- Communicating with you regarding CAA Saskatchewan's activities
- Understanding your needs and preferences
- Internally, to compile statistics
Collecting Personal Information
- CAA Saskatchewan will limit the collection and use of information about its Member, non-Member customers and prospects to only that which is necessary to administer its business, provide superior service and offer opportunities which CAA Saskatchewan feels will be of interest to them.
- Either before or when we collect personal information, CAA Saskatchewan will explain what that information will be used for and will ask for your consent for it to be used in those ways, subject to a few specific exceptions:
- Where the use or disclosure is clearly in the interests of the individual, and where consent cannot be obtained in a timely way
- To avoid compromising information availability or accuracy and, if reasonable, to investigate a breach of an agreement or law
- Where the information is considered to be in the public domain
- To collect a debt owed to CAA Saskatchewan
- In cases of emergency
- As otherwise permitted or required by law
- CAA Saskatchewan will not collect information beyond what is relevant to the benefits, products and services we provide; we will not use personal information beyond what you have agreed to.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- CAA Saskatchewan will restrict employee, agent and vendor access to Member and non-Member information to only those with a business need to know. CAA Saskatchewan will educate its employees, agents and vendors about the responsibilities of handling individual information.
- CAA Saskatchewan will not share personal information without the individual's consent. The only exception to this is when CAA Saskatchewan needs to transfer information to another entity for processing or in order for that third-party to provide a benefit, product or service. Such third-parties include emergency road service providers, insurance carriers, other CAA/AAA affiliates and clubs, business partners and affinity service providers. When CAA Saskatchewan discloses information to a third party it is on a confidential basis, with agreements in place to ensure that the third party handles this information securely and uses it only for the purposes for which it has been authorized.
- CAA Saskatchewan will not sell, lease, rent or give individual-specific information to non-partners or entities that are not affiliated with CAA Saskatchewan.
- CAA Saskatchewan will only use individual demographic, psychographic and lifestyle information for analytical and targeting purposes. This information will not be communicated directly to Members or non-Members in any written or verbal contacts.
- Members and non-Member customers may withdraw their consent at any time for their information to be used for certain purposes. For instance, CAA Saskatchewan will provide non-Member customers and prospects the option to be excluded from future CAA line-of-business and partner-initiated marketing efforts.
- CAA Saskatchewan will adhere to all individual requests to avoid promotions from CAA or from any of its specific partners. Such requests may be verbal or in writing. CAA Saskatchewan will document these requests in their systems.
- If your consent is withdrawn, this may restrict our ability to serve you and we may not be able to provide you with all of our benefits, products and services.
Protecting Personal Information
- CAA Saskatchewan will ensure that the security of information held in its possession will be at a level equal to or greater than what is required by all privacy laws, internal and organizational policies, and other standards that may be applicable.
- CAA Saskatchewan will maintain information according to internal and association security standards and policies. CAA Member and non-Member information will only be maintained on appropriate club system(s).
- CAA Saskatchewan will provide easy procedures for its Members and non-Member customers to view information held by CAA Saskatchewan and to report and quickly remedy inaccurate information. There are certain situations where CAA Saskatchewan may not provide an individual access to their personal information. Examples include:
- When the information is prohibitively costly to provide
- When the information contains references to other individuals
- When the information cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial propriety reasons
- When the information is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege
- CAA Saskatchewan has appointed a privacy officer to ensure that all privacy laws, policies and standards are maintained and adhered to.
- If we have information that is not correct or complete, please contact one of our customer service representatives who would be pleased to assist you in updating or correcting your information.
ATTN: Privacy Officer
200 Albert Street North