1. CAA Saskatchewan ("CAA SK") is committed to maintaining the security, confidentiality and accuracy of all personal information we collect in accordance with applicable laws.
4. CAA SK collects and uses your personal information, as necessary, to administer its business, provide superior service, and offer opportunities which CAA SK feels will be of interest to you in accordance with applicable laws. The type of information that CAA SK may collect from you includes, for example, name, email address, address, phone number, financial information, interests, and other information individuals choose to provide.
5. CAA SK will not collect information beyond what is relevant to the benefits, products and services we provide, and we will not use personal information for any other purposes, unless we have the consent of the individual to whom the personal information relates.
6. CAA SK uses your personal information, as necessary, for a number of purposes, including:
Establishing your identification;
Verifying your eligibility for benefits, products and services;
Administering, planning, and managing our relationship with you and to communicate with you;
Providing benefits, products and services and processing related payments;
Informing you of other benefits, products and services in accordance with applicable laws;
Communicating with you regarding CAA SK’s activities;
Understanding your needs and preferences; and
Internally, to compile statistics, improve our benefits, products, or services, develop and conduct our business and operations, and for other internal business purposes.
7. CAA SK may also use personal information for other purposes to the extent authorized or required by law.
8. CAA SK will only use individual demographic, psychographic, and lifestyle information for analytical and targeting purposes to provide its existing members and customers with improved services in accordance with applicable laws. You may opt-out of receiving such marketing communications or customized advertising by contacting us at the address below.
CAA SK's Disclosure of Personal Information
9. CAA SK will not share personal information without your consent except as outlined below.
10. In certain instances, we may also share your personally identifiable information with third party service providers performing functions on our behalf, including, without limitation, vendors that process credit card orders, deliver our merchandise, administer our promotions, provide us marketing or promotional assistance, analyze our data, and assist us with customer service. Such service providers include emergency road service providers, insurance carriers, other CAA/AAA affiliates and clubs, business partners and affinity service providers. Please see our Disclosure and Acknowledgement of Consent for more information about how we share personal information with other service providers.
11. CAA SK has agreements in place with third party service providers which require such service providers to keep your information confidential and secure and which ensure that our service providers may not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf.
12. CAA SK will not sell, lease, rent, or give identifiable information to entities that are not affiliated with CAA SK.
How Does CAA SK Collect Personal Information?
13. CAA SK only collects personal information about its members and non-member customers with their knowledge and consent. Generally, this means that CAA SK collects personal information directly from the individual to whom it relates, whether via CAA SK’s Web Site, telephone, fax or in person. Occasionally, CAA SK may collect personal information from third party sources, but only with the knowledge and consent of the individual or where otherwise authorized by law.
14. Visitors should also be aware that anonymous technical information may be collected by CAA SK as a result of a visit to the CAA SK Web Site. For example, this information may include the visitor’s IP address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times and referring web site addresses. CAA SK uses this anonymous technical information to track usage patterns for purposes such as improving the operation and content of the CAA SK Web Site and compiling aggregate and statistical information. CAA SK reserves the right to disclose such aggregate information to third parties. CAA SK will not attempt to link or match such anonymous technical information with any personally-identifiable information unless CAA SK has an individual’s consent, CAA SK (or its service providers) have detected or reasonably suspect any unlawful use of CAA SK’s services or a security breach, or CAA SK has a legal duty or right to do so.
15. As part of the collection of technical information, CAA SK may use “cookies” on its Web Site. “Cookies” are small text files placed on your computer that can collect and store a variety of information, including visitor preferences and activities on the CAA SK Web Site. Permanent cookies are stored indefinitely on a user’s hard drive unless manually deleted, while temporary cookies are automatically deleted from the user’s browser upon logging out of a web site. Web browsers typically allow users to disable permanent and/or temporary cookies.
16. Please note that CAA SK uses analytics service providers such as Google Analytics and Hubspot. Please refer to the websites of these service providers for more information on their privacy practices (for example, there is more information about how Google collects, uses, and processes data here.
Protecting Personal Information
17. CAA SK will ensure that the security of information held in its possession will be at a level equal to or greater than what is required by all privacy laws, internal and organizational policies, and other standards that may be applicable.
18. CAA SK has taken reasonable steps to assist in the protection of your information, including the implementation of reasonable internal security standards and policies. CAA member and non-member customer information will only be maintained on appropriate club systems. CAA SK will continue to monitor security issues and will update and improve security when it is reasonable and practical to do so.
19. However, it is important to note that the Internet is not a secure method of communication and CAA SK cannot guarantee the privacy or security of customer information submitted through the Web Site or by email over the Internet. No security or encryption we provide can protect against every circumstance.
20. The protection of personal information is of paramount concern to CAA SK, and CAA SK is prepared to take appropriate and timely steps in the event of any incidents involving personal information in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
Storage and Processing
21. CAA SK retains personal information only as long as is reasonable to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected, or for legal or business purposes.
22. [CAA SK or its service providers may store and/or process personal information outside of Canada (including in the United States of America). When information is stored or processed outside of Canada, it may be subject to the laws of and be accessible by legal authorities in such other jurisdictions. CAA SK has taken appropriate technical, organizational, and legal steps to secure this information.]
Internet and E-mail Transmission/Viruses
23. Internet software or electronic transmission errors may produce inaccurate or incomplete copies of the content of the CAA SK Web Site when downloaded and displayed on any computer. CAA SK does not assume any liability or responsibility whatsoever for computer viruses or other destructive programs received during the electronic transmission of such content of the CAA SK Web Site or any web sites accessed through links provided therein. Any unprotected Email communication over the Internet is, as with communication via any other medium (e.g. cellular phones, post office mail), subject to possible interception or loss, and is also subject to possible alteration.
24. You are responsible for the general security associated with your personal computer or other device you may use to access CAA SK’s Web Site.
25. CAA SK suggests you take additional measures to protect your security. These might include:
Ensure you are using the most secure web browser currently available. Occasionally, security patches will be available to fix known security gaps associated with your web browser. You should monitor and implement these patches where appropriate.
Familiarize yourself with your web browser’s various functions and enable/disable such functions as needed in order to maximize security.
Web browsers often use a “cache” to temporarily save web pages in your computer’s memory. Although the cache is designed to improve performance, subsequent users of your computer may be able view web pages previously visited by you by accessing the information in the cache. You should always completely close your web browser after each session on CAA SK’s Web Site. You should also frequently clear your cache.
Ensure you have up-to-date virus protection software on all systems and that you run virus scans regularly.
All connections to the Internet under your control should be protected by firewall protection to help prevent unauthorized Internet access to your systems.
26. You may be assigned a User account and Password. You may be required or permitted to set or change the Password to your User account from time to time. Certain Password selection rules will be automatically enforced at the time of selection. In addition, any Password selected by you shall:
Be different from any other personal identification number or other secret code used by you for any other type of services;
Not contain any information about you that may be easily obtained or guessed by someone else (such as your name, birth date, telephone number, address or Username); and
Not be changed to any Password previously used by you.
27. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your User account and Password. In addition, you are responsible for every action undertaken on the CAA SK Web Site using your User account and Password
Consent – Is there a choice?
28. Account Deletion
Apple Store Guideline 5.1.1 states that all apps that allow for account creation must also allow users to initiate deletion of their account. The deletion of your online account will only remove your access to view your membership information through your CAA online account. The deletion process does not affect your business with CAA including membership, insurance, travel or automotive. If at any point you wish to have access to your membership information online again, you can create an online account here. If you wish to continue with the deletion of your online account, click here, and your account will be deleted within 3-5 business days.
29. Individuals can deny or withdraw their consent to CAA SK's collection, use and disclosure of their personal information at any time upon reasonable notice, subject to any legal or contractual requirements. However, if consent is denied or withdrawn, CAA SK may not be able to provide certain products or services.
30. CAA SK and its affiliates or partners may use personal information to inform individuals of current and/or new products or services or other developments that CAA SK or its affiliates or partners believe will be of interest to individuals in accordance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation. Such communications may be made by way of telephone, text message, direct messaging, e-mail, fax or regular mail. Individuals provide their consent to the Company and its affiliates and partners contacting them in this manner when they use CAA SK’s products or services. Individuals may opt-out of receiving such communications by contacting the Company at the address below.
Access and Amendment
31. CAA SK has procedures in place in order to allow you to view information held by CAA SK and to report and quickly remedy inaccurate information. CAA SK will provide you with access to your personal information in accordance with applicable laws. This means that there are certain situations where CAA SK may not provide an individual access to their personal information, such as:
When the information is prohibitively costly to provide;
When the information contains references to other individuals;
When the information cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial propriety reasons; and/or
When the information is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege.
32. CAA SK reserves the right to require that any request for access to personal information be made in writing. Generally, there is no cost for a request for access to your personal information. However, CAA SK reserves the right to charge such costs on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable laws. You will be notified in advance if such charges apply.
33. If we have information that is not correct or complete, please contact one of our customer service representatives who would be pleased to assist you in updating or correcting your information.
35. CAA SK has appointed a privacy officer to ensure that all privacy laws, policies, and standards are maintained and adhered to.
ATTN: Privacy Officer
200 Albert Street North
Revised May 2018