Your membership gives you an exclusive subscription to the CAA Saskatchewan Magazine, the most widely read print publication in the province. The CAA magazine is delivered to your home quarterly - February (spring), May (summer), September (fall), and November (winter).
Yours to enjoy are articles on membership benefits and services, travel features, automotive and insurance information, plus community news and profiles.
Complimentary copies are also available at all CAA Stores, plus the CAA Car Care Centre at Regina Battery Depot.
Fall 2022 Issue Highlights:
Chair’s Message: Thank you, Members! Earlier this year, CAA was named as the most trusted brand in Canada for the third consecutive year, in the annual Gustavson Brand Trust Index. CAA Saskatchewan Chair of the Board, Brian Barber recognizes the hard work and effort of our associates and thanks the valued Members for putting their trust in CAA.
CAA Insider News:
- Choose your own Mexico Adventure! Travel to Mexico with someone you trust – and have fun every step of the way. Learn more about the Kickin’ it Country festival at Puerto Vallarta in January 2023, and the Football Fan Trip to Los Cabos on the Baja Peninsula in February 2023. Contact your local CAA Travel Consultant for details at caask.ca/travel or call 1-800-564-6222.
- Keep camping! Don’t pack away the camping gear just yet! With 19 provincial parks still offering seasonal camping in Saskatchewan, there’s always a place to camp until the end of September. Download the Ultimate Camping Guide for expert advice and checklists.
- CAA Saskatchewan is Member focused and community-minded. Learn more about the communities we’ve recently supported.
- What’s on your bucket list? WestWorld Tours offers a lineup of once-in-a-lifetime adventures for Women Xplorers. Learn more at westworldtours.com.
- Fill’er up! As a CAA Saskatchewan Member, you can save 3¢/L every time you fuel up at a participating Shell station. Plus, you’ll get 10% off car washes and 10% off in-store purchases. Learn more at caask.ca/shell-fuel-program.
In your corner: For decades, CAA has been involved in trying to get kids to school safely. In June, we released Supporting Our Kids on the Journey to School: A CAA School Travel Study. The report, the first of its kind in Canada, lays out best practices with the aim of keeping kids safer on their way to and from school. Learn more at caask.ca/schoolzonesafety.
Rewards Roundup: Kids are headed back to class! Stock up on some new styles and tools to help get you back into the swing of things. Shop the CAA Rewards eStore and you’ll earn CAA Dollars® or save when you checkout. caask.ca/estore
Drive: Snowbirds who have been largely shut out from visiting the U.S. by car during Covid-19 are anxious to return now that border-crossing rules have been eased. Before heading south brush up on some rules to ensure a safe arrival.
Auto IQ: Whatever the weather, it’s always the right time to keep an eye on your vehicle’s fluids. Scott McIntyre, Vice President Automotive Services explains all the fluid facts. For more information visit caask.ca/automotive/repairing-maintenance.
Take Five: Safari 101 - the five quintessential experiences of any African safari. See it with WestWorld Tours.
Travel Intel: Yes, you can change the world through travel. The hottest trend in travel is all about leaving a place better than you found it. Travellers are aligning with companies that make a positive impact on the people, wildlife, and landscapes they visit. Ask your local CAA Travel Consultant about booking a holiday that’ll make a difference. caask.ca/travel or call 1-800-564-6222.
Insurance IQ: Spending quality time with your pet – playing with your cat or taking your dog for a walk – decreases blood pressure, lowers cholesterol, and helps improve our mental health. “Accidents and unexpected illness unfortunately happen – and usually at the most inopportune times,” says Dr. Emily Boutilier, a veterinarian at Regina’s Albert North Veterinary Clinic. Insurance helps owners’ budget for their pets needs, Boutilier notes. Learn more at caask.ca/insurance/pet-insurance.
- How to Save on Everything: With prices surging on everything – from fuel to food to utility costs and travel – families are feeling the financial crunch. That’s why it’s more important than ever to find creative ways to make every loonie go even further. Learn more than 40 ways to stretch your dollars and help the planet along the way.
- The Land of Oz: Australia is home to one of the planet’s oldest cultures, jaw-dropping landscapes, award-winning vintages, and an infectious ‘no worries’ attitude. Discover Sydney, Melbourne, the Great Barrier Reef, and the Northern Territory of Australia. Our local CAA Travel Consultants can help with travel advice. Call 1-800-564-6222 or visit caask.ca/travel.
- Hola, Mexico: In Mexico, one vacation does not fit all! Snorkel in Cozumel. Enjoy the must-see art walks in Mexico City, Mazatlán, or Playa del Carmen. Learn to surf in Sayulita or venture off the beaten path. Let a CAA Travel Consultant help you enjoy the different sides of Mexico. Call 1-800-564-6222 or visit caask.ca/travel.
- Weekender – Neighbourhoods, Local Fun, Things to Do: Featuring the city of Swift Current, the largest community in the province’s southwest and a major hub for shopping, dining, and the arts. Plus, check out Harvest and Halloween Happenings on pages 48-49.
The Last Word: Chef Curtis Toth of The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection (a CAA/AAA Four Diamond Award Winner), offers two alternative ways to give your holiday bird a boost before you cook it. Check out the recipes for Grilled Turkey and Vegetarian Tofurky.